We offer Patent Drawings/Illustrations for your Patent Application
What are Patent Drawings?
A Patent Application often requires drawings or illustrations to aid the understanding of the technical features and its assembly of the invention. The sheets of drawings should have as many views (Plan, Top, Side, Section, ISO, Exploded) as is required to understand and aid the patent application fully.
IP AUSTRALIA manages patents and trademark applications in Australia as they have prior art knowledge of IP intellectual property. The requirements for drawing representations are:
There is no need for a specific number of views. However, one must provide good ideas to display the design, which usually requires several ideas fully.
We prefer traditional views like (front, side and top) but will also accept perspective or isometric views. (See image below).
All views must show the same design. It mainly applies to colour, as colour is usually a visual feature of the design.
What can drafting Australia do to assist your Patent Application?
Our Drawing/patent office works with patent lawyers as well as individual inventors. Our Patent Drawings & Illustrations are always by the guidelines set by the Intellectual Property Office. We use the best method or process with focusing maximum on the advantage to applicant benefits.
There are several vital points requirements for all drawings
- Draw accurately, without sketches, with well-defined linework.
- Show only the design in question and no descriptive wording or dimensions.
- The labelling of views like ‘perspective view’ or ‘rear views’ is acceptable.
- A4 size paper if lodged by post.
- Use broken or dashed lines when highlighting:
- Use elements of the Product other than those bearing the visual features of the design.
- Parts of the design refer to in the statement of newness and distinctiveness.
- Boundaries like a pattern applied to part of a surface, stitching and perforations.
- Features that establish an environmental context.
What information do we require to create a complete set of Patent Drawings?
We are able to create the drawings/illustrations from the following information:
- Existing Product such as a Prototype
- Hand Sketches in Image, PDF or Paper format
- Existing CAD files in 2D or 3D
How much do Patent Drawings cost?
At Australian Design & Drafting, we would quote a fixed price for Patent illustration/drawings. We understand that inventions have very tight budgets. We provide a fixed price quotation based on sketches or images.
Drafting Design Tools and Software
Our Expert Engineers & Drafters are versatile enough to use any software that your process might require. We have successfully managed Drafting and Design projects involving software such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Solidworks, Revit Architecture, Architectural Desktop, Microstation, and 3D Studio Max.