We produce Patent Drawings/Illustrations for your Patent Application
What are Patent Drawings?
A Patent Application often requires drawings or illustrations to aid the understanding of the technical features and its assembly of the invention. The drawings should have as many views (Plan, Top, Side, Section, Iso, Exploded) as is required to gain a full understanding and aid the patent application.
IP AUSTRALIA manages patents, trademark application in Australia. There are requirements for drawing representations.
There is no requirement for a specific number of views. However, you must provide sufficient views to fully display your design, which usually requires a number of views.
We prefer traditional views (front, side and top) but will also accept perspective or isometric views. (See image below).
All views must show exactly the same design. This particularly applies to colour, as colour is usually a visual feature of the design.
What can Draftings Australia do to assist your Patent Application?
Our Drawing Office works with Patent Lawyers as well as individual inventors. Our Patent Drawings & Illustrations are always in accordance with the guidelines set by the Intellectual Property Office.
There are number of key points requirements for drawings.
- be accurately drawn, not sketches, with well-defined line-work
- only show the design in question and no descriptive wording or dimensions, however, labelling of views such as ‘perspective view’ or ‘rear views’ is acceptable
- on A4 size paper if lodged by post
- use broken or dashed lines when highlighting:
- elements of the product other than those bearing the visual features of the design
- parts of the design that are referred to in the statement of newness and distinctiveness
- boundaries, such as a pattern applied to part of a surface, stitching and perforations
- features that establish an environmental context.
What information doe we require to create a full set of Patent Drawings?
We are able to create the drawings/illustrations from the following information:
- Existing Product such as a Prototype
- Hand Sketches in Image, PDF or Paper format
- Existing CAD files in 2D or 3D
How much do Patent Drawings cost?
At Australian Design & Drafting, we would quote a fixed price for Patent drawings as we understand that inventions have very tight budgets. We would be able to provide a fixed price quotation based on sketches or images.
Drafting Design Tools and Software
Our Expert Engineers & Drafters are versatile enough to use any software that your process might require. We have successfully managed Drafting and Design projects involving software such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD,Solidworks, Revit Architecture, Architectural Desktop, Microstation, and 3D Studio Max.